The direct answer to this question is yes. The students wanting to start the profession at a young age join the CA foundation after 10th standard. The two admissions in the CA course go as the provisional and direct admission. The provisional admission is with a 10th certificate. The admission is with the 12th standard certificate. Passing the 12th standard is mandatory for writing the CA foundation. The students doing CA before graduation progress with the foundation route. The students joining after graduation progress with the direct route in the CA course. After graduation, the students put themselves under pressure to complete the course within three years. The learning process goes as eight months of CA intermediate, 2 years of article ship training, and 6 months of CA final. Altogether it takes three years after graduation. The students starting after 12th standard complete the course early as they do CA and graduation side by side. The successful professionals in CA have three qualities as follows: complete the course on the first attempt, be an AIR holder and start the course at a young age. Out of the three qualities starting the course at a young age is essential for gaining ample experience. A blog is here to list the advantages of the direct and foundation route.
CA Foundation new syllabus:
The first exam of the new syllabus students will happen in June 2024. The admission for the June 2024 examination started on August 2023. The CA Foundation has four papers. Two papers have the objective type of questions. Two papers have subjective types of questions. Two papers are objective types of questions. The exam form for the December 2023 examination was out on August 2, 2023. The exam form for June 2024 will be released by ICAI soon. Registration is open now. The exam application will be before the CA foundation examination. The passing mark is forty. The aggregate mark is fifty. Maths and law subjects are objective-type papers. The students must have ample practice to handle these papers. Apart from knowledge, practice is essential to handle these papers. If the student is confident about the answer, then write it. Otherwise, it is advisable to leave the answer. The faculties of RR Academy train the students with revision test papers, mock test papers and study material.
Article ship training after CA intermediate:
Undergoing article ship training at a young age strengthens emotional regulation and practical thinking. The students have subject knowledge after CA intermediate. The soft skills and IT training provide the practical knowledge to the students. The article ship training provides the domain knowledge to the students. The new syllabus reduced the period of article ship training to 2 years.
The advantages of taking article ship training at a young age are as follows:
- The students have a fast learning capacity. The interest towards the job is high among the students from the foundation route.
- The students have the confidence to face the challenges of the job.
- The students have a fresh mind to grasp the changes in the technology. The students understand the role of technology in the field of finance.
- The students work hard to understand the complex processes in the field of auditing.
- The experience of the students makes them a professional with ethics. The ICAI emphasizes professional ethics. The students understand the practical difficulties of the job through professional ethics. After completing article ship training, the students learn about the professional ethics subject in the CA final.
Advantages of the foundation route:
The new syllabus poses challenges to the students. Working professionals prefer to do CA as the period of article ship training is reduced to two years. The new syllabus is not a matter of hard or easy, it is a matter of the current job market. ICAI is preparing the students for the fast-paced working environment. The advantages of starting at a young age are listed below:
- The students get time to understand the difficulty of the subject.
- The student takes multiple attempts and completes the subject. Taking three attempts is a normal one in the CA course.
- The students get exposure to the working environment at a young age. The working environment helps the students to understand professional ethics.
- The student analyses the area of interest and then travels. The working professionals doing CA chose the auditing service according to their experience. The students from the foundation route chose the auditing area according to their interests.
- Starting the CA course at a young age find it easy to manage the family’s financial position. The financial status contributes to the professional growth of the candidate.
Advantages of direct route:
The working professionals and graduates prefer to do CA to work independently or in high profile. The advantages of direct-route students are listed below:
- The students understand the practical application of the subject. After gaining working experience, they find it easy to pass the CA final examination.
- The students from the direct route understand the value of professional education. Office politics with low and high-profile jobs teach the professions life lessons. The students from the direct route work hard to complete CA.
- The students from the direct route have subject and general knowledge. The impact of the tax compliances and policies of the government provides more clarity. The foundation route students have subject knowledge and sometimes lack general knowledge. The general knowledge of the direct route student promotes the understanding of the complexity of the tax and audit subjects.
ICAI provide admission to the students after completing 10th standard. The engineering and medical students start their journey after the 10th standard. Gear up, friends. The year-end is the right time to enrol in the Accounting Wizard examination of RR Academy. The examination will help to identify the skills and train the students for the complexity of the auditing profession.