ICAI notified the students of CA about the observation from the question paper. CA intermediate and final students are writing the last term of the examination. The 2024 year is for the new syllabus. The old syllabus ends in 2023. The reviews from the students of RR Academy show that the question paper for 2023, November was difficult for the CA intermediate and final students. The students find the paper lengthy. The observations from the students should reach the ICAI institute by November 25 through e-mail correspondence. The blog explains the difficulty level and importance of time management in the CA examination pattern. The ICAI institute will consider the student’s concern and make the corrections as liberal.
CA intermediate syllabus:
CA intermediate examination is a national-level examination. The question paper’s difficulty is to match the job market and economic status. The students writing in the old syllabus have eight subjects. The students writing in the new syllabus have six subjects. In the new syllabus the subject accounting and advanced accounting turn into one. The new scheme merges Papers one and five of CA Intermediate. These papers have vast topics. The name of the subject is advanced accounting. Papers seven and eight have similarities in the lessons. These two papers are combined as one in the new scheme. The name of the merged subject is financial and strategic management. The new syllabus has fewer subjects with a high volume of syllabi. The students from the November 2023 batch find the CA intermediate examination a lengthy paper. The students find it hard to complete the paper in the given time. The lapse of time is a concern for many students. In the law paper, students find the MCQ questions difficult. Theory questions are familiar to the students. But, students can’t expect full marks in the theory. MCQ questions with the right answer provide full marks to the students. In the end, the question is not about the quantity of knowledge, but the question paper focuses on perfection. Chartered accountants work for accuracy and growth. The qualities needed for the job roles have been tested in the CA examination.
CA final syllabus:
The May 2023 CA final examination was difficult. The pass percentage was 10.24 per cent. Jain Akshay Ramesh from Ahmedabad secured the first All India Rank. He secured seventy-seven per cent in the examination. His total for the hundred mark is 616. The student with high marks in the old syllabus happened in 2019. Ajay Agarwal scored the highest mark in the CA examination. The previous question papers from the old syllabus ended up with difficulty of moderate and high. The old syllabus has eight subjects. The new syllabus has only six subjects. Two CA final subjects are eliminated from regular evaluation. This subject has changed from regular evaluation to self-paced evaluation. The self-paced evaluation is for the following CA-final subjects: corporate and economic laws and strategic cost management and performance.
The tips to clear the CA final examination are listed below:
- Start the revision early. At least before six months.
- Complete the syllabus first and then start to read the tough topics.
- Prepare your notes and also refer to the teacher’s notes.
- Revise the tough topics first and then move on to the easy topics.
- Give a gap in between preparation for reducing the stress factor.
- Read and write for improving the memory power.
- Use the study material to understand the changes in the compliances. Use the Institute study material to understand the latest compliances and practical problems. If the study material is not sufficient for your doubt, approach the teachers of RR academy for further understanding.
- Syllabus completion, time management and self-confidence are the factors that make a difference.
- A hard word of six months is essential to secure a pass mark and aggregate mark.
Student discrimination of old and new syllabi:
- The working professionals from the direct route understand the importance of the new syllabus. The relevant skills are essential to work in the changing business environment.
- The students with exposure to international education feel that the new syllabus trains the students in multiple ways. The new syllabus enhances the reading, writing, researching and presentation abilities of the CA students. All these skills are essential to work in a foreign company.
- The new syllabus explains the interconnection of accountancy with technology, law and administration. The students understand the importance of financial data and revenue from other departments.
- The students understand the competitive job market. The new syllabus prepares the students with a competitive element.
- The students understand the key analysis in the market with the new syllabus. The students get comprehensive knowledge in the following topics: breakeven analysis, cost volume profit analysis, decision trees, SWOT analysis and ratio analysis.
The Institute give respect to the challenges faced by the students. The old syllabus ends by 2023 year. The students get doubts about the article ship training period and the exemption for the subjects in the old syllabus. The students with lower marks in the 2023 examination start to write the next attempt in the new scheme. The students get an exemption for the papers with high marks. The students can take up coaching for the other subjects in the new syllabus. By learning twice, the students spend more time with the subject. Intensive learning enhances the knowledge of the students. In the profession of chartered accountancy, learning never ends. So, making another attempt is not a failure. It is a practice. Practice makes one perfect. By learning more times, students become studious. As the syllabus ends by this term, the general thought is that the evaluation is supposed to be liberal. Students, parents and faculties expect the 2023 CA evaluation to be fair. ICAI also understands the pulse of the students. The observation from the students is the step to help the students to get through the CA examination.