Career as Company Secretary opens doors to the students after completing the CS executive level examination. Company secretaries take care of secretarial audits in Companies. Students who have completed CS executive have good theoretical knowledge. This knowledge provides them with junior level jobs in CA firms and consultancy firms. This blog interprets the value and the knowledge level of CS executives.
Knowledge of CS executive:
The executive-level subjects are Jurisprudence, interpretation and General laws, setting up of business entities and closure, Company law, Securities laws and capital markets, corporate and management accounting, economic, business and commercial laws, and financial and strategic management. To know all about Company secretary one has to understand the connectivity and the opportunity in the current market. The following skills are wanted for a Company secretary: expertise in Company law, good communication skills, analytical skills, time management and multitasking, strong numerical skills, and command over written and spoken English. The subject knowledge and skill decide about the job that is suitable for an applicant. Let us evaluate the connection between the subject knowledge, skill set and the job opportunities for a Company secretary. Subject knowledge and people skills are essential for a company secretary.
Corporate and management accounting, financial and strategic management, and setting up of business entities and closure are the subjects that help to understand the business process. During corporate action, the knowledge about ratio analysis, budgeting, and valuation of assets help the Company secretary to advice about the implications. Similar to law, accounting is a theoretical and practical subject. The role of Company secretaries starts before starting a business. The registration process involves documentation and laws relevant to the business model. The different types of business models in India are partnership, sole proprietorship, HUF, co-operative societies, LLP, private Company, public limited Company, subsidiary Company, Company limited by guarantee, insurance Company and OPC. Company secretaries take care of the registration of business, corporate actions and client concerns. CS executive level examination prepare the student for the role of a legal consultant. After clearing the professional level Company secretary ship examination, the application of knowledge comes to the student. Company law, securities law and general law are the most important subject to execute during the consultant job. The knowledge about the structure of the Company, administration of the Company, affairs of the Company, and management of the Company are understood only with Company secretary ship course. CS inter job provides the fundamental knowledge which helps for exploring further in the Company secretary job.
CS executive Jobs:
• After completing the professional level, the aspirants are recognized as an expert in the field. But at the executive level, they work as an assistant to the members of ICSI. By working as an assistant they gain practical knowledge to clear the professional level.
• Private and public companies appoint Company secretaries if they have the desired share capital of ten crores or more.
• The different job profiles of Company secretaries are Company registrar, Legal advisor, assistant to the board of directors, corporate policymaker, principal secretary, chief administrative officer, chairman, corporate planner, managing director, administrative secretary, administrative assistant, investor capital market relations, and documentation specialist.
• All the directors of the Company communicate with the team of legal professionals to get advice regarding board policy, coordination, despatch, and procedures to be followed.
• The Company secretaries need to act as per the income tax act, other acts and the Companies act.
• After completing the CS executive level examination, students get opportunities in CS audit firms, the stock market, and Big Four Companies.
• There are other alternative courses also which interest the executive level passed students. The global certifications and accounting certifications are the certification courses that help the professional to land the appropriate job after gaining experience.
The economic policies and regulatory frameworks create flaws and macro-level economic imbalances. For the listed Companies and banking sector, there is a necessity for Company secretary. Many Company secretaries in India complain that their roles are considered as granted and mutualised by the higher authorities. Responsive and open communication among the board members and executives is a very crucial one. The job of Company secretaries revolves around the financial statements, laws, trust-building and maintenance of quality systems. By joining a job after the executive level, the students understand the communication process and the business challenges. This help in long run with proper understanding. The power of the Company secretary influences the decision making. The Ego of board members and other members turn into a power play among the employees. Company secretaries are trained for understanding corporate social responsibility and bring coordination among Company officials. The role of the Company secretary is astonishing and they need to for classes.