ICAI has options to write CA examinations in Hindi and English language. Trainers are ready to explain the concepts in Hindi. There are YouTube channels that propagate the Hindi speaking trainers. Does appearing in Hindi Medium affect CA final result? The answer is no. From the interview perspective, the corporate world wants the employee to speak in English to the clients. As chartered accountants work for Indian and international tax consultation, they need to speak good communication. For completing the course successfully, trainer and learning resources are essential. We have Hindi speaking trainers. There is a lack of learning resources in the Hindi language. This blog wants to bring out the connection between learning and becoming successful. The available resources in the Hindi language, the advantages of the Hindi language and the disadvantages of the Hindi language provides clarity to the students.
CA-Hindi medium learning resources:
Some students have better subject knowledge and have studied in the Hindi medium. ICAI has announced the usage of dual language in the CA examination for these types of students. The technical terms of the Accountancy subject are difficult to translate to the English language. The ICAI has books in the English language and translated the Hindi language. Students get conceptual clarity with a regional language. The language used to explain the accounting concept is not easy. CA foundation study material 2021 and CA intermediate study material 2021 are available in Hindi medium. The institute practice manual has a language that is difficult to understand without a mentor. MonishBhandari for corporate law, V.K.Agarwal for auditing, YogendraChoudry for MICS, GST EvamCustomeKanoon, Dilip Gupta for Corporate and allied laws, and Vigatprashnokehalprashnpatr for CA-CPT are the books available online and offline for CA-Hindi medium.
Advantages of learning CA in the Hindi language:
• The bilingual language speaking population in India created the dichotomy of minority and majority speaking languages. The language used for education is English in India. Multiple languages help in the process of understanding.
• Presentation skill is essential to hold a high rank in the CA examination. By opting for the Hindi medium, students find the learning interesting and improve their presentation skills with the Hindi language.
• The study plan yields result if there is self-analysis. Do the rough work with the Hindi language, but do not practice less. Spend more time for learning and understanding the concepts with proper learning resources.
• Apart from language and presentation, the mistakes are the reasons for the failure. So, learning in the Hindi language minimises the mistakes, and help secure more marks.
• The time taken for learning in the English language is high, and the Hindi language is different. By learning in Hindi medium, students can revise more times.
• If the student finds it difficult to memorise the English language, it leads to frustration and depression. By learning in the regional language student stay cool-minded and also secure more marks.
• Students weak in the English language avoid the theory part and focus more on practical subjects in CA. By learning in the Hindi medium, students give equal importance to the practical subject and theory subject.
• Exam written pattern for Hindi medium students has to be strictly in Hindi only. If the technical words are difficult to translate, the student gets the opportunity to use the English language.
Disadvantages of learning CA in the Hindi language:
• The study material in Hindi reach the students lately. The study material, books and manuals for practice are initially produced for the English medium students. Later, due to language preference, it is translated to Hindi medium.
• Hindi medium students struggle to remember the technical words. This struggle leads to a decrease in the pre-planned marks. Though the student is strong in English, recalling the technical word is essential for becoming successful.
• Practising difficult language help in writing the answers fast.
• The corporate world expects the students to handle clients from different corners of the globe. For this function understanding, universal language English is mandatory for getting a job after completing Chartered accountancy.
The professional courses neglect the linguistic aspects. Learning professional courses in a regional language is a barrier to pursuing a job in foreign countries. It is essential to collaborate the language and the content. The preparatory before learning requires activities to be conducted in the classroom. Article ship training enhances activity-based learning. The language goals and content goals tend to reflect in the professional course syllabus. The subject knowledge is the main purpose of the course. But towards the end of the course English knowledge is marked as the additional qualification. Understanding the global issues are essential for a Chartered accountant. For understanding the research and submitting a research paper the knowledge of English is essential. Understanding multiple languages improve self-confidence. Chartered accountancy is a difficult examination that students are supposed to clear after three attempts. The students need to get the attitude of trying again and again till they become successful. The language is not a barrier to understanding the content. Language is the tool to represent professional knowledge. Having a balance over the subject knowledge and English knowledge helps to understand the competition in the job market for a CA professional.