Resume writing with accounting experience is the art of presenting information in the right manner. Though the educational background, marks, number of attempts, and experience constitute the criteria that the employer is looking for in the resume of an accountant. The introduction to the resume accounting or profile summary is something that stays apart from the other information. So, writing the passionate introduction will express the confidence level of the job seeker. The experienced profile must have challenging projects, experience with a high net worth company, and must have worked with big numbers. The beginner level profile needs to have self-esteem and need to be passionate about the job responsibilities. Readability and keywords are the common factors that ease the job of the human resource executive. Let me show some examples and explain the resume writing tactics for the different accountant roles and company secretary job roles.
Accounting resume samples
- The keywords for the chartered accountant profession are financial analysis, financial control, Accounts management, Payroll accounting, financial planning, cash management, bank reconciliation, ERP implementation, strategic planning, and finalization of a tax audit, filling of E-tax annual return, service tax return, and TDS return. The resume must have all these keywords either in the professional experience or in the skill set of the job seeker.
- Resume for CA Inter and after the completion of CA final has a difference in the accounting experience.
- In the job portals like Naukri and Monster computers check the details in the bio-data. So, there is no room for the first impression. Keep it simple and formal. Obviously, after the computer, the resume is under human inspection.
- The introduction states the interest in the accounting role. Mention the important information first in the resume. The introduction part also mentions the achievements and the interest in the profession. The employers will take less than 5 seconds to judge the resume. So, give a nice introduction.
- Mention the experience in chronological order and make it comprehensive. Professional ethics is something that comes from experience. Description of the article ship training would better explain the professional capability of the job seeker.
- Connect personal qualities with professional experience. For example, personal qualities like problem-solving attitude, confidence, creative and disciplined attract the employer. Rather than mentioning these qualities explain the need for these qualities in the chartered accountancy job. The challenges that you have experienced and the qualities that you have applied in such a scenario make the resume presentable. Mention the skills as an asset to the company which will make it meaningful.
- Give a detailed description of your Job title. Do not mention the job as an accountant. Mention the exact role like Receivable management and payable management. This will grab the attention of the employer.
- Accurate numbers help for the final round of HR interviews. The marks, experience, expected salary, and actual salary are the numbers that show the interest of the applicant. So, just do not mention that the company awarded you with profit sharing. Explain the salary part with numbers. This will desirably communicate to the employer.
Company secretary resume samples
- The keywords for company secretary profile are statutory obligations, compliances, board governance matters, handle ad-hoc governance queries, perform business analysis, implementation of companies Act, drafting agendas, organizing board meetings, organizing AGMs and EGMs, and take care of statutory registers.
- Company secretaries have a professional certificate, diploma certificate, and other certificates. So, it is essential to mention the professional qualification in the introduction part.
- Choose the format which projects your potential. If you are a beginner then give importance to introduction and educational background. If you are experienced then give importance to professional experience. The compelling and captivating content grabs the attention.
- If you aspire to work full time then mention that. If your will is to work as a freelancer, then mention that also. Transparency and honesty bring success in professional life. After all, a resume is the starting point of one’s career.
When writing a resume put oneself in the position of the employer’s shoes, then imagine the expectation of the employer. The starting of the resume can be a summary or objective. It is the place where one can impress the employer. There are different types of resumes like functional resumes and hybrid resumes. Pick up the format which suits your resume structure. Hybrid is for a combination of different sections. A functional resume is to highlight the point which catches the eyes of the employer.